dinsdag 10 april 2012

Weekly Froth #34 (with CFCF, John Talabot, Midnight Magic, and more!)

The Weekly Froth! A weekly take on six tracks, most of which have recently popped up somewhere in the blogosphere. Bit of a mixed bag with a slight leaning towards house, disco, and remixes, but generally just anything that for some reason tickled the writer’s fancy.
Track of the Week: ‘Here, in Heaven 4& 5’ by Elite Gymnastics (CFCF remix)
Oh wow, I love how serene it starts, with the piano and the seeming echo and everything slowly intertwining. Immediately I’m just seeing images in front of me, it is very visual this. I can imagine choreographers getting such inspiration out of such a piece. Slowly he introduces a slight beat to give it a bit of body, and slowly these fragile vocals come in which aren’t really there for storytelling purposes but more to further cement the song’s aesthetic. The storytelling is really done by the music and your own imagination. There’s just a stop-animation picture playing in my head on first listen, and that is just marvellous, rarely do I have such a visual reaction to a song. CFCF truly is remarkable. Since the start of this column I’ve been giving props to his output, and to see him continuing to grow is amazing. Well done again.
(To listen to this track, and to read write-ups on and listen to five others, click here)

Geen opmerkingen: