woensdag 28 maart 2012

Beach House to release new LP in May

On the 15th of May the band Beach House will release its new album. It will be called Bloom, and it will be released via Sub Pop. On the 21st of April the band, in honour of Record Store Day, will also release a limited 7”. The A-Side is a cut from the album called ‘Lazuli’. Another song that will feature on the album is called ‘Other People’.


Don’t you find, Bunuel mused, that stupidity is always a trait of other people? Sure, Anna Freud said, if you are always right or can eloquently convince people of it, but try being wrong like me and you’ll talk differently. I, Bunuel said, am never wrong. Because I do something, I fully believe that what I do is right and honourable, and if that is the case, you can always do the right thing. I helped a dog once, Anna Freud chimed in, it bit me, I got rabies, my brother had to take over a symposium speech, look who has the million dollar book deal. This being a man who can’t even shave his own beard. In the mean time the authorities appointed me a dog and I haven’t left the house since. Can’t you have him shot for Rabies?, Bunuel proposed. How is that the right thing? Well, convince yourself it is the right thing, convince yourself that is the truth, have him shot, you’re the only one who knows otherwise, you’ve convinced yourself this is the truth, who will know?  When Sigmund heard of this plan he went to Bunuel, smacked him in the face, and said, Why do you want to kill that dog for, I finally found something that keeps my sister in and cleaning, and you go on and do this. 

Geen opmerkingen: