woensdag 13 juni 2012

Weekly Froth #43 (Max Essa, Matthew Dear, The Heels of Love, and more!)

The Weekly Froth! A weekly take on six tracks, most of which have recently popped up somewhere in the blogosphere. Bit of a mixed bag with a slight leaning towards house, disco, and remixes, but generally just anything that for some reason tickled the writer’s fancy.
Track of the week: ‘I’m Dancin’ by Kotey Extra Band (Max Essa remix)
I love Max Essa, and this one slipped under the radar for me, but I happened to come across it, and it is pretty funkilicious as far as I’m concerned. It isn’t really disco funk though, that synthy sound that comes in about 40 seconds in gives it a certain city vibe me thinks. Essa does keep it rolling with the main sound, but it is not like this is one of those straight dancefloor cuts (perhaps more of someone dancing through the city even, if you’re brave enough to do that sort of thing). The vocals (Kyle Chandler’s work) come in at 2:50, and they fit that synth sound perfectly if you ask me. Just before the four minute mark Essa goes bass, and he can do that, just see his Jan Ken Po album he released this year. It really sounds like an entity this track, not one of those remixes that gets a beat slapped on it, but it just is a smooth ride that rolls along. Essa delivers again. … Continue Reading

Geen opmerkingen: