donderdag 9 juni 2011

St. Vincent to release album in September

 
On the 12th of September St. Vincent will release her new album. It will be called Strange Mercy, and it will be released through 4 AD. It will be the follow-up to Actor, which was released in 2009 and produced by John Congleton, much like this album.

The title of the album stems from the story of the headless woman. In a revealing documentary the headless woman looked back on the mercy bestowed upon her. Naturally, by absence of a head, she typed in the answers, which have been narrated for your convenience by Susan B. Lester. So, I had been sitting at home – stressed out, high blood pressure, you know the drill – and at the door two men in dark suits. In a loud, booming voice he wants me to explain this defiant behaviour. And I say to him, I tell him, the pressure was too much. I’m the sort of person that you’d expect be working, to have it together, to be the one doing everything just right. And that’s pressure, and I couldn’t cope with it. With everyone expecting so much of me, and I don’t want to let people down, and I don’t want them to have to alter their image of me. And the main man in the dark suit nodded, and said, I understand. Upon you I will bestow a benevolent mercy. And he chopped off my head. And I said, Well, what a strange mercy this is, chopping off someone’s head. But now, five months later, now I understand. I really do.

Geen opmerkingen: