woensdag 1 juni 2011

WhoMadeWho at the Sugar Factory

Live Report- WhoMadeWho at the Sugar Factory (2011)

So yeah, I'm not in the habit of linking to my own stuff as usually I just put it on here in another language, but with so little time and me basically having gone full English, I just thought I would give a teaser here and the link to the site it is on. Not much trouble anyway, is it, clicking a link to get there?

The band arrives on stage – a good hour after the time printed on the tickets – and the first sounds are absolutely horrendous. Terrible noise, very muddy, and the band seems far from satisfied, gesticulating heavily to the people in charge of the sound. To make matters worse, an armada of people suddenly fills the free space in front of us, which wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for the fact that they start to chat and don’t stop until the song ends. At that point I can’t help but think, “Blimey, this is going to be the worst gig ever”. So imagine my surprise when I notice, much later in the gig, that since that point I have been grinning and dancing non-stop, and that actually this WhoMadeWho gig turns out to be pretty amazing.


Read all here.

Geen opmerkingen: