dinsdag 6 december 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Halftime' by Amy Winehouse



Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Halftime’ by Amy Winehouse (to listen click here)
Average grade: 3.3

Anna: Chilled out R'n'b really isn't my thing - I tend to find songs from that genre samey and tedious and this is not an exception. I do like her lyrical work on this but as it's delivered in a laid back way matching the boring soundscape, I find it doesn't emit as much emotion as it could.
Grade: 4

Linda: Never been much of a fan of Amy's, and I'm not starting now.
2/10

Craig: Very 'Frank' era Amy.  I find it strange to distinguish between her two albums as eras, but she didn't really leave that much work behind.  Comparatively, I suppose this is as good as anything Winehouse performed, but quite frankly I don't feel that this exhibits the depth of emotion she will likely be remembered for.
5/10

Stef: If they find a way to glorify this then that, to me, is the spin machine working full throttle. This is trite, this is boring, and she’s slurring the words to oblivion. Nothing but old people wanting to sound hip can save this one.
2/10

Geen opmerkingen: