dinsdag 21 december 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Still Sound' by Toro Y Moi

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Still Sound’ by Toro Y Moi (listen here)
Average Grade: 5.6

Ilse: I loved Toro Y Moi's debut album 'Causers Of This'; and despite this new track being longer, mellower and featuring an extended instrumental bridge; it sounds just like it's straight off there. Yup, this whole hazy, funky and dreamy feel-good electro, also known as 'chillwave' infiltrated my listening habits immensily this year and I was happy to succumb to it eagerly.
7/10

Anna: So this is what chillwave sounds like - I guess. It actually is a sonic yawn. Yawnwave. I coin new genres because I can.
2/10

Linda: I love this! It's nothing like the stuff he did before, which I thought was great, but wow, I'm just really impressed. Does this mean post-chillwave is born?
9.1/10

Craig: Fancy ladies sipping champagne in slinky metallic dresses, squeaky-clean men wearing skinny pink ties. The VIP lounge of some expensive club. Pearls, hairspray, lots of gold & silver. They're all lounging on black leather furniture and are too cool to let loose or dance. You're there, somehow invited by your friend who writes a society column in your city. These people are the creme de la creme at the periphery of the circles you hang out in. You realize it's not all it's cracked up to be, being cool.

Is benign post-disco a genre? It should be.
2/10

Stef: Nice bass, nice disco-ey vibe to dreamily dance to, and I like the quick singing he does in that high voice, and then goes dreamy afterwards. Yeah, nice track in my book.
8/10

Geen opmerkingen: