maandag 13 december 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - Written on the Forehead by PJ Harvey

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Written on the Forehead’ by PJ Harvey (listen here)
Average grade: 3.6

Ilse: This song certainly sounds warmer and fuller than compared to songs of the ‘White Chalk’ LP. Yet, after listening to it for about a dozen times I’m still not sure whether this is up my street (had to listen at least 3 times to figure out she was singing about ‘dinars’ being thrown at belly dancers, opposed to my initial thought of ‘diners’). Benefit of the doubt for this one; though I’m curious to hear more.
6.4/10

Linda: I never really got PJ Harvey anyway, but this song is particularly bland. It did give me a very violent hiccup attack though, so excuse me while I go stand in the corner up side down drinking a litre of water whilst holding my breath for half an hour.
3.6/10

Craig: I've never really listened to PJ Harvey before, and I don't think this really gives me reason to pursue. I think singer-songwriters have the tendency to be overrated.
4/10

Anna: I don't know what is turning me off the most; the awful voice effect, or the fact that it sounds like two different songs playing simultaneously. Either way, consider me severely turned off.
1/10

Stef: A far cry from Julie Andrews, both in voice as in tune, lets just leave it at that.
3/10

Geen opmerkingen: