maandag 20 februari 2012

New album Dexys Midnight Runners

The band Dexys Midnight Runners is prepping a new album. It will be their first album in 27 years, and they choose to call it One Day I’m Going to Soar. The band is perhaps best know for their hit single ‘Come On Eileen’. They have already announced that it will be touring the album.
One day I’m going to soar, the sulkily looking eagle thought by himself. Surely, it cannot be that I am the only one of my age not being able to fly out of my nest! Not that I mind, my mother still cooks for me, and my father seems to do fine on the disability grant he gets from the government (apparently not being able to fly counts as a disability from a certain age on! How about that for putting a label on me). Still, the nest is a bit tight for two parents and their thirty year old male eagle son. Which is all right with me, I like the coziness, though me being here seems to have put a damper on my mother’s female eagle daughter wish (or at least it has put a damper on their will for the activity that generally leads to the stork’s arrival). Not helped by the fact that when an egg does arrive in our nest clumsy old me always seems to manage to shove it right off of the ledge three meter’s from our home (Oh no, mummy, look, I did it again!).

Geen opmerkingen: