maandag 28 februari 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'The Look' by Metronomy

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘The Look’ by Metronomy (listen here)
Average Grade: 6.5

Craig: My friends were listening in on this song with me and said the tune resembles Nintendo music. Now I can't get that thought out of my head. The production is especially great on this song, and the lyrics really hit me. Lovely!
7.5/10

Ilse: To be fair, in advance I had never given Metronomy much listen and I always find it difficult to write about a track when I am not much aware of the band's former work. However, I quite like this one; the simple yet very catchy synth hook is rather addictive and the whole thing functions well as mellow background music. The only doubt I have is that it probably isn't something I'm going to continue listening to in the long-run. Also, my mind already starts wandering as the track hits it halftime, where it suddenly sounds a little bit like the Bold and the Beautiful opening theme.
6.3/10

Linda: WHAT. IS. THIS. FEELING CALLED LOVE! Oh, sorry, my mistake, that's a different song, or different band at least. It's half decent but I can't help feeling underwhelmed as Pulp do it so much better.
3.4/10

Anna: They had me at the synth intro. As the song progressed, its synth chimes and the multi-vocal harmonies, which echo one another in the most delicious way, made me listen to it three times in a row. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful new musical relationship. Dinner's on me.
7.5/10

Stef: I think Linda has got it spot on when she says this song resembles Pulp’s brilliant Feeling Called Love song. However, if you have to nick from Pulp to make a good song, well, okay, then let’s do that. No points for originality, and it is also out of the running for having any sort of meaningful place in pop history, but the borrowing does lead to a pretty catchy tune, and sometimes you have to be happy with that much no?
8/10

Geen opmerkingen: