zondag 3 april 2011

Casiokids and of Montreal team up for 7” split

Record Store Day is looming again (it will be held on the 16th of April), and with that as the reason the bands of Montreal and Casiokids have decided to make a split 7”. of Montreal, the band led by Kevin Barnes, have covered ‘Expecting to Fly’ by Buffalo Springfield. Casiokids have come up with a new track with the name of ‘London Zoo’. It will be released by Splendour. Casiokids opened for of Montreal during the latter’s European tour a few years ago.

The track by Casiokids is called London Zoo, and let me tell you what happened the last time I went to London Zoo. I went there and – well, I’m sure you saw it on the news that day. Or read it in the papers the day after – but I went there, and I sat down on a park bench later. And along comes this guy with at home a wife, two daughters, two cats, two parakeets; you know the type. I told him, you know, I’ve been to this zoo before, to study how we exist between animals and animals and humans and animals and humans and humans. But I guess it was unfair, for all the animals are in different pads anyhow. And I’ve come to the conclusion that, you see, your parakeets are interchangeable with your daughters are interchangeable with your two televisions are interchangeable with your two cats are interchangeable with any other prop in your apartment. I pulled a knife on him. I dropped the knife. He picked up the knife. I charged into the knife. It was on the news, I’m sure it must’ve been.

Geen opmerkingen: