zaterdag 30 april 2011

The Knife working on new album


So, after Fever Ray and an opera based on the Evolution Theory The Knife are back working on proper studio material. The new album will, if all goes well, be born in 2012. Further details are still lacking though, but over the course of the year we assume more and more information will present itself. And if not they are a pretty stingy bunch, they are! You hear!

Though what the album is about is still being kept under wraps, there are people who think it is going to be thematically linked to an event I personally often reminisce about. I was sipping my cup of coffee one morning when I opened the newspaper and was shocked by the sudden appearance of a report stating Steve DuMere was missing. I had known DuMere since I beat his little niece in Monopoly as she landed on my hotels on Broadway. He was furious because he had crumpets in the oven but had failed to turn it on, forcing him to start with his dessert, who refused and instantaneously melted to reform a month later as a 70s pop band. When I gave him a slice of my pizza he became eternally grateful, and from that point on we met about twice a week for coffee and talk about the good of our nation’s heart and soul. I hadn’t seen him for ages, which had been eating at me since I had borrowed a vase and had only just succeeded in returning it as he had given me the receipt as well. Ever since I had felt sorry about it, but reading that he has been missing for months and with little hope of him returning I suddenly felt a bit more at ease. All in all, not a bad start to my day, I thought, as I put my coffee down and fell into a narcoleptic lapse.

Geen opmerkingen: