woensdag 13 april 2011

New Handsome Furs album coming


The band Handsome Furs will release a new album in the near future. The near future being the 28th of June, as that is when Sound Kapital will come out. It will do so via Sub Pop. It will follow their 2009 release Face Control, and with an eye on the tracklist I do assume that Sound Kapital is a play on Das Kapital. Though, admittedly, that is just a hunch, but some of the tracks are called ‘Serve the People’, ‘What About Us’, ‘Cheap Music’, and ‘Memories of the Future’.

In a report that was published a few months ago Dr. Laupenbach states that one of the reason many people feel depressed is because of memories of the future. He states that, Indeed, memories of the futures have left people in want. They think, my car is not a flying car, they think this is not my fully automatic beautiful house, and this is not my river that is flowing beneath my house to make it run on water energy. This was promised to me by the sci-fi books and movies and futurism studies. I let the days go by knowing that one day in my lifetime this would be part of my world. Instead, what do we have, 500 rubbish channels on television and a queue at the airline desk because the one thing that can fly (the aeroplane) has been overbooked.

Geen opmerkingen: