donderdag 26 januari 2012

Solo album M. Ward coming up

M. Ward will be releasing a solo album in April. Via the label Merge the album, called A Wasteland Companion, will be hitting the shelves on the 10th of that month. He asked some of his friends to help, and on the album one will be able to hear, amongst others, Mike Mogis, Steve Shelley, and Zooey Deschanel (New Girl ftw!), the latter with whom Ward forms She & Him.


My mother looked a little bit shocked, a little bit sad. She came home waaaay after I had finished school (I had told my mother off about that before, but she never listens to me). I had already gone to my attic room (I love my attic room, it has these beams that, if you squint with your eyes long enough, they seem to be swaying! I told my father, Look, look dad, if you do this *squint eyes* the beams move! My father did so, saw it, picked up the telephone, called a very professional man with a hammer who came and took a look at it. Then my father got angry and said he had wasted 100 dollars on my stupid ideas. My father didn’t like it much that the beams moved, but for me it was magical! It was also the day I stopped telling things to my dad).
So I told things to my mom. But she got in late. I had gone upstairs, and when she came home all out of breath (if you would leave on time, I once told her, you wouldn’t be so out of breath) she called my name. Noah, Noah who are you talking to?, she asked while walking the stairs. Oh, I said when her head popped into my attic room (with the magic beams!), just me and my shadow. Her eyes widened, her mouth opened, and her body momentarily moved backwards a bit before she realized she was climbing a stairs and quickly grabbed the railing. I don’t know why my mom reacted that way. Sure, I know my shadow is not a real living thing. But for me it is a bit like Santa Claus, and my mother insists he is real and she says she talks to him about my Christmas list. So I don’t see the problem of me talking to my shadow. But of course, my mom had to tell my dad *sigh*. He angrily muttered something about him having to spend 100 dollars because of me and my ideas, this while driving me home from my first psychologist meeting.

Geen opmerkingen: