dinsdag 26 januari 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Let Go' by jj

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Let Go’ by jj (listen here)
Average grade: 5.9

Anna: Like Mew, but lo-fi. Like Fever Ray, but not quirky.The fact that I'm name-dropping other bands in this review could mean that I'm having a limited vocabulary. Or that I'm an unimaginative person. Or that I'm hungover. Or simply, that I wasn't impressed enough by the song to strain my brain cells any further than the absolute minimum.
5/10

Craig:
It sounds like I'm alone at a cottage on a quiet lake after the holidays and my family has just left. I had a small amount of mushrooms and I've eaten them. I light a fire, begin to read a book and it is windy outside.
8/10

Jon: Oh god I'm really torn on this track. The lead singer has a nice soothing vocal style and the song overall is rich with interesting instrumentation, however I cannot help but think the chorus would be better placed on a Lion King soundtrack. :) By the time JJ Let's go I'm left with nothing but an anti-climax.
4.5/10

Ilse: My mind wanders off, I’m flying above Swedish landscapes and I can ‘let go’ of all my thoughts…… Ok, maybe that’s a bit overdone and makes me sound like some spiritual lunatic, but Elin Kastlande’s voice surely makes me go into a state of relaxation and images of forests and lakes instantly pop to my mind. Overall I find this song less interesting than anything off the great 2009 album, perhaps because the song is a bit overdramatic, mainly caused by the harmonica part. Nonetheless, JJ is a band we should hold on to, and not let go (yet).
7/10

Linda: This sounds way to tropical to be Swedish. And to be released in winter. I can totally imagine myself walking through Regent's park enjoying a warm summer evening's breeze whilst listening to this. It would be perfect.
8.1/10

Stef: Am I really the only one who half expects a heavily made up acrobat/clown to come up and shout “Saltimbanco!” somewhere throughout this song? Come to think of it, I might actually find that soundtrack more exciting.
3/10

Geen opmerkingen: