maandag 24 januari 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Omega Dog' by The Dears

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Omega Dog’ van The Dears (listen here)
Average grade: 7

Linda: Listening to this track has resulted in me being properly excited about the new album. And it has been such a long wait since No Cities Left (I'm ignoring those atrocities in between). But then again, I felt the same way after hearing 'Spanish Sahara' last year, so let's go for a state of hesitant euphoria.
7.9/10

Anna: I have such a soft spot for mid-tempo goodness and this one pleased me so. Falsetto vocals work really well with the soulful guitars, and when the tune dips its toes into noise it shines even more. It's meticulously crafted and my only criticism is that it's too long for its own good.
7/10

Craig: I was immediately a bit turned off when Stef labeled this gloom rock, but it only made for a pleasant surprise. Sounds a bit like TV on the Radio gone funky to me. The laid back guitars build up very nicely to the noisy ending. Seems like a great song to listen to while taking a warm bath.
6/10

Stef: I still want to see these guys live. Never seen them live, and I’ve had a crush on them ever since ’22: The Death of all the Romance’. Something about those vocals, I reckon, and the, well, I hesitate to say “gloomy atmosphere” after Craig’s comment, but you know, that is the box it ticks for me (sorry Craig!). The guitar also gives that sense of anger I always feel lives within the band. Pretty good, hadn’t expected to like it after their rather insipid affair last time around.
7/10

Geen opmerkingen: