zaterdag 8 januari 2011

My favourite things of 2010, and what you can expect from this blog in 2011

Happy new year! That everything you wish for may come true, as long as it is loving, gentle, and kind. That the world may finally be endowed with kindness and beauty.

Anyway, quickly, what you can expect in 2011 from this blog! First of all, all the stuff you’ve been seeing in 2010, and more! Check out the radio show just put up for example, and we already have our first interview lined up and ready to go (Former Ghosts y’all!). Of course you can expect our two regular, weekly columns, our trademark news items, our analytical album reviews, all kinds of live reports, and loads of features. Perhaps the upcoming two weeks will still be a tad slow, but from February on we will change gear again and we will be going full throttle!

Check out my LastFM page (last.fm/user/sa34
) to see where I’m going to and thus what kind of live reports you can expect. And say “hi”, and there’s always stuff I want to go to, so if you’re in need for a(nother) gigging partner leave a note and I might just be able to make it. Though we might come across as elitist and weird, actually next to that we’re quite friendly. And at least I am always looking for more music lovers to talk to, and also more contributors if you want to spend a lot of your time being creative for nought. Doesn’t sound like the best offer you’re going to get, but it is quite fun and good practice.

Anyway, to round off, some of my favourite stuff 0f 2010, or things I’ve discovered in 2010! Enjoy, and maybe you see something you agree with or are baffled with or don’t know but would like to try!

My favourite movie released in 2010: L’Illusionniste by Sylvain Chomet
My favourite movie first seen in 2010: Rebel Without a Cause (with James Dean)

My favourite live show in 2010: The National in Tivoli / Hercules and Love Affair in Trouw

Best book I’ve read in 2010: No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July
Best play I’ve read in 2010: The Fastest Clock in the Universe by Philip Ridley
Most interesting thing I’ve read in 2010: When the shooting stops, the cutting begins by Ralph Rosenblum and Robert Karen

Best event of 2010: De Affaire (beautiful weather, nice people, lots of friends, nice music, and close to home!)

My favourite video game of 2010: Football Manager 2011
My favourite board game I’ve played in 2010: Tales of the Arabian Nights

Most sensible thing said in 2010: “It’s a bad business getting old, and I would advise you not to do it.” – Woody Allen

Favourite sports match seen in 2010: Utah Jazz versus Miami Heat, Utah wins in overtime after three three-pointers by Paul Millsap and 14 points in the last 25 seconds of regulation to tie a game they trailed most of the time.

My favourite news in 2010: Pulp reunites! Hell yeah!

Geen opmerkingen: