zondag 8 mei 2011

Com Truise to come with new album

 
Com Truise (really, that name…) is going to release his debut album later this year. This will happen somewhere in the month of July, and it will be released by the Ghostly International label. The album will be called Galactic Melt and will count 10 tracks, one of which will be called Brokendate.

A broken date can indeed by a hindrance. Prior to the current calendar system, the occurrence of broken dates was as frequent as it was annoying, not in the least for Peter Mortowitz. Whenever a date was broken, it would be skipped, so from the 3rd of March you would go to the 5th of March. This seemed to happen to no one more than to Mortowitz, as he tells in his books Random Events and the Life I Missed Out On, from which the following is an excerpt.

I had multiple job interviews being blown by “broken dates”, including one for the Ford company when the car industry was still viral. Not to mention a promotion to head clerk, which would not only have landed me a proper salary, but also an oak desk and a room with a view. Sure, the view was the back of a beaten down tenement building in the Bronx, but that is nothing to sneeze at if your office is localized in Hoboken. Furthermore the office had a window that was of glass as opposed to my previous office, which had one of paint with Elizabeth Taylor always peeking in. I also missed out on the big sell-out sale of my favourite shop, a concert by Frankie Valli, and a date with Lana Liebowitz, my high school sweetheart who I had yearned for many a night. Now, I wouldn’t have minded it all so much, except that never once, never once!, it skipped over my birthday except for the one time it collided with my much loved Reds playing the A’s in the finals, resulting in a shortened series that went to the A’s as decided by a ranking per alphabet.

Geen opmerkingen: