dinsdag 17 mei 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Baby Missiles' by The War on Drugs


Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track of the week: ‘Baby Missiles’ by The War on Drugs (listen here)
Average grade: 6.9

Linda: Everything goes into and out of fashion in cycles, and I guess at this moment in time it's rolled up sleeves and this song. It might be because I've been watching far too much Friend lately, but I actually like that song. Yes, I said it, I LIKE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN. Or at least this one track of his. And I like this Bruce-reminiscent War on Drugs track as well.
7.1/10

Anna: This one sounds like a cross between Arcade Fire and Bruce Springsteen. I am not entirely sure if that is a good or a bad thing; all I can say is that it is not aurally offensive but I probably wouldn't listen to it again.
5/10

Stef: You know what, from all the levitating to electronic music that has been going on at my house, I really really like this song. It is catchy, it is well structured, I like the vocals, I like the guitar to the foreground at the half; and hey, call me crazy, but I rate this above all stuff I’ve been hearing from all (indie/folk/whatever) rock bands lately.
8.5/10

Geen opmerkingen: