woensdag 25 mei 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'White Elephant' by Ladytron

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘White Elephant’ by Ladytron! (listen here)
Average grade: 6.4

Craig: Ladytron really has a formula that works for their fans-- detached, cool sound of near-robotic vocals and leisurely runway-esque synths. This song is very consistent in terms of their repertoire. I do enjoy their addition of strings to this track, but unfortunately I think it lacks the dynamic of their songs I truly love. Something is missing that I can't quite put my finger on...
6/10

Linda: There's only a handful of Ladytron tracks I like. This isn't one of them. I don't particularly dislike it either, it's just... meh.
5.6/10

Ilse: Quite dreamy stuff! And the harmonious vocals work rather well in combination with the soft synth pop. Yet, seeing I'm completely minted and feel like bouncing around the room right now because I'm going to Primavera in a few days, I need something faster and with more balls at the moment.
6.3/10

Anna: I am loving the trembling melodies and the dreamy synths. Not sure why, but the tune makes me think of 70s Italian films, which is always a good thing. I went really cold over Ladytron after attending an atrocious show of theirs but now I'm really looking forward to their new album. Bring it. And learn how to put on a decent gig.
7/10

Stef: It feels to me rather uplifting. Dreamy, and indeed leisurely synths (sorry to steal all those words from the people above). I could listen to this while looking out over the river in the sunshine, I sure could.
7/10

Geen opmerkingen: