zondag 15 mei 2011

New EP DJ Shadow


Later this year DJ Shadow will release a full LP, but prior to that he is going to give a little preview of what we can expect. He does so in the form of a new EP, and this EP will be called I Gotta Rok. It will be released on the 1st of June. The album is in line for a few months later. The EP will consist of six tracks, including the title track and ‘I’ve Been Trying’. An ambiguous line, as is shown the following tale.

The ant was sad. The ant was sad because he had been trying to croak like a frog. “Have you actually tried,” said the frog? “Yes, I’ve tried,” said the ant, “but the only thing coming out of my mouth is mmmrrrriiii”. The frog looked ponderous. “But there is a difference, you know, between trying and not trying.” He croaked. First he croaked a simple tune. “You see, I don’t really even have to try for that”. He croaked a slightly more difficult tune. “That one already costs slightly more effort,” said the frog. The ant looked at him sadly. The frog bellowed out a cracking tune. He looked triumphantly. “Now,” the frog said”, for that I do really need to try.” “I do try,” said the ant. Mmmrrriii. “Hmm. I guess,” said the frog, “that perhaps I try harder than you. Then again, I’m a frog. I am supposed to croak. You are not a frog.” The ant melancholically nodded. “But can I be a frog?” “Perhaps. But you have to try. And skip. And swim. Croaking, really, is only the very first step to being a frog. And why, you can’t even croak! Can you hop?” The ant tried to hop. He would bend his six legs and then abruptly tried to come up. The frog shook his head. “It is,” he said with assured voice, “not easy to be a frog. I reckon it is much easier to be an ant”. “Why do you think that?” “Well,” said the frog, “even though you cannot be a frog, you can be an ant. So it must be easier. However, I am sure that if you really tried, you eventually will be able to become a frog. Or at least a very tiny one.” BANG, they suddenly heard, and the elephant that fell out of the tree slowly crawled on all fours again and slowly stroked the bump on his head.

Geen opmerkingen: