maandag 9 mei 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Victory Dance' by My Morning Jacket

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Victory Dance’ by My Morning Jacket (listen here)
Average grade: 5

Anna: Never been a MMJ fan, too classic rock like for my tastes and this is a slow burning number of their usual style with a bit of a 2011 sound to it. Doesn't really do anything to rock my boat.
Grade: 4

Craig: I can see why my hippie friends love this band. It's super Pink Floyd-y, with that doom-trip, something's-gonna-happen feeling. The only problem I have is that the song doesn't really go anywhere but a totally predictable freak-out jam that ends far too soon. This would be a good first track to an epic 70's rock album.
5/10

Linda: (no comment due to the sad circumstances in the Giro today)
7/10

Stef: I actually thought it was an okay track at first. Shows me what listening more than one time does to ones opinion. It is kind of a, well, it goes a bit too slow, and I’m not overly impressed by the jam out which sounded more like a jam out for good old jam out’s sake than actually telling a story or evoking an emotion they wanted to get across.
4/10

Geen opmerkingen: