dinsdag 3 mei 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Dinner' by Blood Orange

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track of the week: ‘Dinner’ by Blood Orange (listen here)
Average grade: 4.7


Anna: I really don't have much to say about this one, except that it sounds like a Depeche Mode D-side. There are many new artists out there making inspired and inspiring music (see Anna Calvi), so it really is a pity to waste electricity on such mundane musings.
Grade: 2

Ilse: This is the most eighties-reminiscent song I've heard in quite a while. It's not the amazing kind of eighties song though, more the bad kind: a bit like a cheesy eighties pop song. Yet, I have to admit, those can sometimes have there charm too.... Also, still can't quite believe this is Dev Hynes of Lightspeed Champion and Test Icicles, what a difference!
6.0/10

Linda: I don't like blood oranges, and certainly not for dinner. Foodstuffs that are indecisive as to whether they are a fruit or a meat are definitely not up my alley. The only nutritional controversy I'm interested in is whether Jaffa cakes are cakes or biscuits (google it, you know you want to - there is a rather splendid Guardian CiF article on the subject).
2.3

Craig: This is some intriguing dance music. One part Michael Jackson, another part minimal electro. I love the sparse guitar parts and the sassy, echoing voice. How does one dance to this? I'm looking forward to finding out...
7/10

Stef: I actually thought this was a nice enough, funky little thing. For what it is it does feel a bit overlong though, but I like the vocals over the deeper sound of the beat/bass/whatever.
6/10

Geen opmerkingen: