maandag 21 november 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Misery Loves Company' by New Build



Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Misery Loves Company’ by New Build (Listen here)
Average grade: 5.8

Ilse: At least I'm digging this more than most music by/related to Hot Chip. Also appreciating the fact that the drums on this song are almost instantly recognizable as Pat Mahoney's!
7.0

Craig: This is a rather average song: poppy beat, upfront & blasé lyrics. It is a familiar sound that doesn't really differentiate itself from any of the electro-80s sounding projects these days. The synth sounds in the background, and the dance-break drum ending save this one from being merely tossed into the pile with the rest of the slew. But only kind of.
4/10

Anna: Bit taken aback by this one - listening to new disco music in 2011 feels a bit off to begin with, let alone disco music when you're knee-deep in winter. I do enjoy the way it builds up to a sparkly place. Would I listen to it again? Probably not. Would I dance to it on a dancefloor? Probably yes.
Grade: 6

Linda: As much as I like the song, I'm still wondering why this had to be released (and promoted) as another Hot Chip side project. What makes this one so different that another franchise had to be created? Seriously, if someone has the answer to that question: please enlighten me. After seeing Chris Taylor (AKA the world's most sexy flautist/clarinetist) and his amazing Grizzly Bear side-project CANT live this week [subliminal messaging] go see them [/subliminal messaging] you have to earn the right to start another side-project with me - with the possible exception of Spencer Krug as he is King of side-projects.
6/10

Stef: I like how it starts with the catchy guitar, but it soon kind of morphs into this rather average pop song (and a rather lengthy one at that) with only a few elements that might propel people to the dancefloor. Also, I must say that I find both the title and the band name just a bit, well, tacky, I guess.
6/10

Geen opmerkingen: