maandag 28 november 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Patricia's Thirst' by Choir of Young Believers

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Patricia’s Thirst’ by Choir of Young Believers (listen here)
Average grade: 5.5

Ilse: I think the play button on this track secretly activates a timemachine, because as soon as this track starts you're in the 80s. Though there have been dozens of 80s influenced songs lately, this song shows that that isn't necessarily a means for mediocrity.
7.0

Anna: Somewhere somehow, Human League are smiling... or smirking, depending on how much new wave and electropop you've listened to in your life. I'll have a smirk and eat it too....
Grade: 4

Linda: I remember this bunch! They opened for Mew in London, just over two years ago, and I attempted to make a mental note to look them up afterwards, but Mew were so mind blowing that I completely forgot about them till just now. They were pretty amazing back then, and sound even more convincing now. They've got a bit of The Shins going on in this track, which is always a good thing. If it wasn't for my general incompetence in remembering stuff I wouldn't have missed out on this band for two years, so this rediscovery might have been the best thing that's happened to me this week.
8.5/10

Craig: Meh.
2/10

Stef: This voice really couldn’t sound more 80s even if it tried. But I kind of have a soft spot for that, so there you go. It might be a bit, well, perhaps what I find it lacking is a sort of complexity in the instrumentals. But a nice tune to listen to it is.
6/10

Geen opmerkingen: