maandag 14 november 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'No Real Reason' by White Denim



Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘No Real Reason’ by White Denim (listen here)
Average grade: 5.3

Craig: Love the phasers.  Super Pink Floyd-y, or maybe even a little T. Rex-y.  Pretty good slow stoner jam.  They play shows in Brooklyn all the time, and this song makes me interested in checking them out one rainy night in a dark venue.
6/10

Anna: Liking the trembling soundscape but on the whole the song seems to be meandering. White Denim are definitely better at being upbeat.
Grade: 5.5

Ilse: Rather calm and easy-paced for a White Denim song, isn't it? Not that surprising though, as White Denim always seems to be expanding their horizon, and blending different styles and genres. I love how this track starts off downtempo and slowly builds up to the part where everything ends up in a mess of distorted guitars and drums. Perhaps not the most inventive of songs, but certainly enjoyable, especially because we get to see another musical side of White Denim.
7.2

Linda: Huh. I seem to remember White Denim quite differently. Not that I remember them that well - I can only vaguely remember wishing I had brought my ear plugs which probably means they weren't that memorable in the first place. But then again, that description goes pretty well with this track (the not being memorable bit, I'm definitely okay without ear plugs for this one) - I couldn't even remember whether I'd actually listened to the track when I started writing this. I guess 'white' bands have outlived their time. 
2/10

Stef: Like Linda, I do remember them differently. Then again, we shouldn’t be holding bands hostage in previously tried genres. I like how the voice fits the rest of the music, and it is a nice early-in-the-morning-looking-out track when you just got home with the sun coming up. With that said, it is not terribly accomplished. It is a nice song, but I don’t think I’ll be remembering it for too long. If you like your outro’s though…
6/10

Geen opmerkingen: