maandag 4 juli 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Crystalline' by Bjork


Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Crystalline’ by Bjork (listen here)
Average grade: 4.1

Anna: This sounds like trippy children's music and I mean that as a compliment. The thing with Bjork is that she possesses such a unique set of vocal chords that they are bound to either turn you into an eternal supporter of her music or make you unable to enjoy it. I'm afraid I'm in the latter category.
5/10

Linda: As much I love the idea of the Biophilia project and Björk's voice, this track just doesn't cut it for me. Part of that might be the whole iPad-promoting aspect of it. I mean, who are they going to reach by releasing a special iPad-version? It's not as if music-fans have loads of money lying about to buy iPads, saved by all the downloading. The only one who'll win anything from this Apple and they probably won't even notice as they loaded already. There just seems something inherently wrong about restricting access to the people who love music the most.
4.5/10

Craig: How is it that Bjork does the same aimless, repetitive warbling EVERY TIME and people eat it up? The song has almost no dynamics, except for that forced D&B change-up at the end. The production is great, I'll give it that, but I have no idea how she is so revered! Can anyone suggest songs that will change my mind? I've given her such a fair chance, but it all sounds the same to me.
1/10

Stef: There is always something intriguing about Bjork’s work, and that voice is very unique. I also like the tingling in the song. But I’m not too keen on the heavier side of the song I must say, and though certainly intriguing it is not always easy to get through it.
6/10

1 opmerking:

Linda zei

For Craig: basically her whole debut album (appropriately called Debut), but mainly 'Play Dead', 'Human Behaviour', 'Violently Happy' & 'Venus as a Boy'. And probably also 'It's oh so quiet' as it's been abused by car commercials and talent show contestants alike.