maandag 11 juli 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Hanging On' by Active Child



Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Hanging On’ by Active Child (listen here)
Average grade: 6.5

Anna: Give me harps, choiresque (it *is* a word) vocals, and a melody so intimate it makes you weak in the knees and I'm there. 10 times over and over again.
Grade: 7.5

Linda: I've seen Active Child live last year around this time, and all I can remember is a feeling of being deeply underwhelmed. This track doesn't change an awful lot that feeling.
4/10

Craig: I like the open sound and the instrumentation of this song. The subtle effects give it a lot of depth, and the vocals are great. Definitely getting a Yeasayer//Grizzly Bear vibe from this song, and I quite enjoy it!
7/10

Stef: I just love the beginning. That is sheer beauty. The rest of the song is pretty angelic as well, though for some reason I get the feeling that choir thing has been done better, and it seems that with some tweaking it could’ve had a bigger punch.
7.5/10

Geen opmerkingen: