dinsdag 5 juli 2011

Dum Dum Girls readying new release

 
On the 27th of September the Dum Dum Girls will release Only in My Dreams. This will be their new album, and is their second release this year after releasing an EP earlier. It will see the light of day via Sub Pop. Ten tracks grace the album, and from July onwards the band will be touring to preview/support it. They’ll be playing the London Calling Festival in Amsterdam in November.

One of the tracks is called ‘Bedroom Eyes’, which is a phrase coined by Lennart DiMortiz. The following is a diary excerpt by him: Oh happy days! That for which I’ve fought so hard for finally has come to pass. Bedroom eyes has finally been acknowledged as a medical condition. This also in thanks to Dr. L. Rotenbrauer, who with his essay ‘We can see that they can see us at night: or how children’s fears can still plague us as adults’ had had a decisive impact.

I, personally, first became aware of this condition as a wee little boy. Oh how for hours I would argue with my mother – and oh how sure I was of it – that there was a monster under my bed, glaring out from underneath it with his eyes. Normally this condition passes, but for me nothing changed except the eloquence with which I argued with my mother and her concerns, which reached its peak when I asked her to stay the night in my room to protect me from the said monster. Which, admittedly, was rather awkward for her, but moreso for my naked friend Leopold, which she had long suspected was more than a friend to me. Imagine her surprise that night when The Graduate was re-enacted in my bedroom in an alternate version with not the mother but the young man as the aggressor. Still, one would’ve thought that, since it was my bedroom, I was present, and there was a monster under the bed watching as well, she would’ve put a stop to it sooner rather than later.

Geen opmerkingen: