maandag 14 maart 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Hold My Breath' by Wolfram feat. Holy Ghost!

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Hold My Breath’ by Wolfram feat. Holy Ghost! (listen here)
Average grade: 7.1

Anna: Normally I'm not the biggest fan of this new kind of take on Italo disco, but this one sounds surprisingly refreshing. It's not what I'd put on for quality hour (Thursdays 7-9) but I'd definitely dance to it whenever wherever, so I guess Wolfram may consider his mission accomplished.
7/10

Craig: Italo disco done nice and dirty. Seems like this would be fun to dance to at a sweaty party in a tiny space packed with way too many people. Summer's on the horizon; my guess is this will make some warm weather party mixes.
7/10

Ilse: Apart from that tune in the beginning (which comes back throughout the song), which sounds a bit like a soundtrack to a bellydancer-act combined with 80s disco, it has some decent beats and an overall rather pleasant vibe. However, it doesn't get me excited very much and I have the feeling it should. To add to this, the pleasant vibe somehow doesn't entirely compensate for the beforementioned 1001 Arabian Nights-themed Sweet Sixteen party-tune. So, to stay on the path of the track's title, all in all it's not particularly breathtaking for me.
6.0/10

Linda: I really like Holy Ghost! and I think I can vaguely remember them playing this track when I saw them opening for Cut Copy last week. It's not one of their best attempts, which is probably why I'm not too sure whether I've actually heard them play it, but it definitely beats anything of Cut Copy's Zonoscope (those tracks where about as welcome as a very audible wet fart in public).
7.6/10

Stef: This track is actually one of three versions that has come out recently. Another one is on the Holy Ghost! album and is a more disco cut, and the other features Italo-Disco chanteuse Shally Shapiro. This one has more of a beat to it. I like this approach, which seems to fit very nicely into this remix/edit culture we are having. The track is a tune as well.
8/10

Geen opmerkingen: