donderdag 31 maart 2011

Mark E to release debut album

Mark E will release his debut full length on the 16th of May. This will be done via Ghostly’s Spectral Sound label. At the start of recording Mark E didn’t set out to make a full length, but after a period of such productivity which led to him having so many tracks he decided to give it a go and put him on one LP. The LP is entitled Stone Breaker and will feature 9 tracks very much connected to the (Chicago) house genre.

One of the tracks is called ‘Black Moon’, and one of the nicknames of the moon was indeed Black Moon, as dark, sinister things always seemed to happen when the moon was rising or full (think Dracula, werewolves, Cinderella’s carriage changing back into a pumpkin, etcetera). A representative of the moon, however, at one point said, You know, I feel this is unfair. The moon isn’t even black, it isn’t dark, actually, it does a damn good job of glowing and providing light. I take offense at the moon getting such a bad rep. I say, it is the absence of the sun that is at fault, so if you blame anyone, blame the sun for just leaving everyone and going off to do God knows what. The sun, upon hearing this (and the sun has good ears, mind you!), boomed, Hey, bucko, what do you want? Huh? Me to work 24 hours a day, 7 days per week? I deserve a break every once in a while, it’s a hard job you know? And by the way, if anything, blame the earth for rotating. Hmpfff, said the earth, Easy for you to say, you two are uninhibited. I’ve got billions of people on me, and I don’t know if you tuned into this show here lately, but there are sailors fighting in the dancehall and lawmen beating up the wrong crowd. And people just beating up people for that matter. Rotating is the only thing I have that I find fun and keeps me mind off of things, so don’t take that away! And so the earth bouncily continued his rotating ways humming the tune of a Disney attraction, oblivious to anything and anyone.

Geen opmerkingen: