zaterdag 12 maart 2011

Man Man to have new album out in May

The band Man Man has got a new album that will be ready to go in May. The exact release day will be the tenth of that month, and it will be released on Anti-. Mike Mogis will handle the production duties of Life Fantastic, for that is the album’s name. It will have ten tracks.

The title is reminiscent of the seminal 1973 survey that was published in Time Magazine, where multiple people were asked whether they thought their life was fantastic. The first person asked this question in the survey answered, Well, I think… you know. I think yes, I do have a fantastic life, yes. So you are happy? I- I guess I’m happy, happy enough yes. Enough? Well, yes, as happy as one needs to be I suppose. I don’t know. You’re not jealous of your sister? No. Well. Yes, she has her qualities of course. Qualities? Well, you know, there are things she is better in than me I suppose. *silence* I mean, she has always had more luck in love and boys I suppose. That didn’t come so naturally for me. But I’ve got a husband now as well so, well, none of that teenage doubt anymore. Is your sister’s husband better looking than your husband? Oh now, I don’t know. Her husband has his qualities I suppose. Mine is a sweetheart. *silence* Have you ever settled for second best? Do you think in one’s life one should sometimes settle for second best. Oh no, no I’m happy, really. I don’t know about fantastic, you know, maybe that is too strong a term. But I’m happy. *pause* Honestly.

The second person asked refused to comment on the question. The more often our man asked this person, the more decisive and vigilant the refusals became.

The third person asked this question in the survey answered, No. No my life is not fantastic. He said this with a smile. A-are you sure? Yes, yes I’m sure. *pause* Don’t you feel your life has its redeeming assets then? Oh yes, yes surely it has. But I’m not under the illusion that it is fantastic. Oh. Okay. Okay. Y-you want anything? A cup of coffee? No, but thank you. No? Tea? I can get some for you? No, no it is all quite all right. Oh. Okay. Okay. Thank you for taking the survey. The man nodded and smiled and departed.

Geen opmerkingen: