donderdag 3 maart 2011

Danger Mouse and James Mercer readying a Broken Bells EP

The duo Danger Mouse and James Mercer, working together under the moniker Broken Bells, have a new EP slated for a March 29 release. It will be a four track EP called Meyrin Fields, which is also the first track on it. The other tracks are called ‘Windows’, ‘An Easy Life’, and ‘Heartless Empire’.

The next bit is from an excerpt of an unknown detective, who was trying to recover the heart to the Empire: We were in a bind, and we knew it. There was only 24 hours left to return the heart to the at the moment Heartless Empire, but we had nothing. Zilch. Nada. Yesterday concluded my latest futile attempt. I had asked the help of Marienkic Daskiewicz, aka the meanest, sharpest Basset Hound in town. It is said he can smell the missing item within a two mile radius, and that he could hear footsteps all the way to Jersey. Alas, the former only concerns liver, and it led to nowhere but a butcher shop down 5th Avenue who had a wholesale.

After I devoured three steaks and a tenderloin, I went to bed. I woke up, and I was reminded of the precarious state we were in by the gun against my head. From the corner of my eyes I saw they had cleverly bounded Marienkic to a pole with his ears. He looked sad, and his eyes became a metaphor for the state we were all in. The man suddenly spoke and said, I hear you are looking for the heart. I replied, Yes, and if you have it, lets cut a deal. I get the heart, you let me go, but I’ll keep the dog tied up to the pole. My quick wittedness was met with laughter, but only after I had received a blow to the stomach and had bowled over, letting out a shriek like a little girl. When I regained control of my voice after it had let out a wheezing sound for about an hour, I yelled, Is that the best you got. I realized I had made a mistake in saying that when I woke up in Indiana with nothing but a bowtie around my neck and a bird on my shoulder singing a rendition of La Traviata.

Geen opmerkingen: