vrijdag 28 oktober 2011

Bok Bok and Tom Trago collaborate on EP, Label


Bok Bok and fellow Dutchie Tom Trago are going to collaborate on an EP as well as a label. The EP will be called Night Voyage Tool Kit, and it will contain six tracks. Though this will be released digitally via Sound Pellegrino on the 31st of October, the two are also planning to start a label. This to release both their future collaborative efforts as well as things by other musicians. The label will also be called Night Voyage.


The clock struck midnight, and it was going to happen. Everyone was enthralled. We all got a letter. Dear reader, you are cordially invited to participate in our yearly night voyage. This voyage takes place every November and only the participants are aware. You therefore have to swear to not mention this to anyone, even your loved ones. At midnight tomorrow, at the plaza in the town centre, the voyage will begin. We sincerely hope to see you there. Love. When I read this, it had me excited, for someone “sincerely hoped” I would be there. Someone hoped I would be there. I wanted to wear my nicest shirt, but reminded myself that since it was midnight it might be too cold. I looked at my sweaters and thought that if someone sincerely hoped I would come that someone probably would know that I only have ugly sweaters and would bring a blanket to wrap around my shoulders. Suddenly I found myself being giddy. I was invited. it could be that no one I knew was invited, but I was invited! I wanted to post it on Facebook, Dear everyone, I am invited to something and you are not. They sincerely hope I will come. Ta. But I couldn’t tell anyone. I had a secret.

It was a long time since I last had a secret. I couldn’t tell my mother that my father once came home with his secretary and forgot that I always got home early from school on Wednesdays. I blabbed on that secret, and since my contact with my father has been erratic, which also might be because he lives in Kentucky now, which is a different time zone. Suddenly I felt weak in the knees. But if I had this secret, and I couldn’t tell anyone, then maybe other people have had this secret as well, and couldn’t tell anyone. Maybe that cute guy from the coffee place had already been there. Maybe he would be there tonight! That settled the shirt/sweater debate. Maybe my mother had already been on such a night voyage. And she never told me. Imagine my mother keeping a secret from me, and that after I had told her about my dad banging his secretary sideways. I made a mental not to call my mom and talk to her ever so sternly about this.

 Suddenly I wondered what would happen if I didn’t go. Would they come for me? Go to my house, ring, and ask, Hey, aren’t you coming along? We all have been having such a great time, and we are sure that if you would come we would even have a better time than we’re having now! Come along. Hop on. We have a blanket for you, it is chilly. Or would they never come. Would they just tick a box besides my name, Absent, and then continu the night voyage, everyone having a grand old time but me? Suddenly I was thinking perhaps I should wear the sweater, it was more non-committal. I looked at my sweaters and I wondered why I had so many sweaters with reindeers on them? And was it weird to wear something with reindeers if it isn’t Christmas yet? It does bring something cheery though, and perhaps people will see it as a talking point.

Any counterarguments were overturned by the fact that by now I had only five minutes to spare, and the plaza was easily a six minute run from my house. I put the sweater on, grabbed the keys, went out, went back in, grabbed the letter in case it was a sort of ticket you need for boarding for the voyage, and slammed the door behind me to start my seven minute dash.

Geen opmerkingen: