maandag 17 oktober 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Wild Man' by Kate Bush



Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Wild Man’ by Kate Bush (listen here)
Average grade: 6.6

Anna: Image-evoking, ear-tingling mist of a tune that will transfer you into a whole other world, if you let it. But why wouldn't you?
The queen is back. Get your curtseys in a row.
Grade: a royal 8

Ilse: Kate Bush singing about yetis, can it get any weirder than this? Loving the sublime vocal work on this one, it's luscious and blissful; yet the atrocious guitar riffs (is it even a guitar?) kind of prevent me from enjoying this track in its ultimate form.
6.5

Craig: While I really enjoy the chorus that breaks it up a bit, the foremost aspect of this song to me is its redundancy.  For the most part, the song's form is too even-keel to sustain my attention for over seven minutes.  I understand the appeal of Kate Bush's 'avant-pop,' but this song isn't really engaging me as I would expect the avant-garde should.
5/10

Linda: Barking mad, a rather suitable description for the larger part of Kate Bush's output, can go one of two ways. Unfortunately, Kate seems to have calmed down on this track (or finally started taking her medication), a feat which doesn't do it much good. It's a bit like a Windows computer: it works most of the time so you can't hate it like a dentist appointment at 7am on a Monday morning, but at the same time there's not a single person alive today who will admit to loving its barely up-to-scratch bleak operating system. 
5/10 (she scares me too much to go any lower)

Stef: I really enjoyed the start of it. Lovely instrumentals, and I love the theatricality of it. A lovely track, nice vocals, like the additional vocals as well. Very well structured song with a good sound to it. Certainly had me enjoying it.
8.5/10

Geen opmerkingen: