maandag 29 november 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Take Me Over' by Cut Copy

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Take Me Over’ by Cut Copy (listen here)
Average grade: 6.2

Anna: This one has divided myself and I. On the one hand, it is a very enjoyable electro pop number that is very well crafted and will keep us dancing till Apocalypse (cancel your appointments for August 2023). On the other hand, it sounds so much like Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere, that it has crossed the line between creatively borrowing and nicking. As far as I can tell they haven't acknowledged this at all, so even though I enjoyed the tune, I'd feel guilty for marking it high.
Grade (for the song): 6.5
Grade (for artistic integrity): 2

Craig: Same old Cut Copy with an even stronger nod to 80s dance pop. Good for dancin'.
6/10

Linda: I need more to convince me of the new album - this track makes me envision videos with inflatable palm trees and a backdrop painted by the director's 5 year old son. Strangely, it did convince me to buy tickets for their London show early next year though...
5.4/10

Stef: I always felt that on first listen Cut Copy sounds strangely understated, but you know this is going to sound massive live, so this has me anticipating the latter.
7/10

Geen opmerkingen: