maandag 13 september 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Quarry Hymns' by Land of Talk

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track of the week: ‘Quarry Hymns’ by Land of Talk (listen here)
Average grade: 5.2


Ilse: It's Canadian. Do I really need to say more?
7.8/10

Anna: Is that The Cardigans' Nina Persson? Is it Beach House or one of the other dream pop bands that pop (ha ha ha!) up like mushrooms? Do you like mushrooms? No? OK...
5/10

Linda: Oh, I love the harmonies on this track. All the features - the summery vocals, that simple guitar melody, the subtle bass - seem to made for each other, like peanut butter and jelly (if only I liked either one of them). There's only the bit were the song just keeps going on and on without a change of plans after the first verse and chorus. You either need to add some sort of finale or just cut the last two minutes.
6.7/10

Danielle: Pretty vocals, but pretty forgettable too. I enjoyed listening, but I won’t remember it in an hour.
4.5/10

Craig: Jangly, poppy, dreamy, smooth as cottonwood seeds, but not for me.
3/10

Stef: I think I’ve seen them years ago opening for Tapes ‘n Tapes. At least, I did believe that prior to listening to this, because now I’ve heard this track I’m not sure it’s the same band at all! Not sure it stands out of the crowd this one.
4/10

Geen opmerkingen: