dinsdag 21 september 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - ' Shake the Shackles' by Crystal Stilts

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Shake the Shackles’ by Crystal Stilts (listen here)
Average grade: 6


Anna: They had me at note one. Granted, it's not the most innovative tune you've graced your ears with, the 80s jangle pop angle being hot and heavy, but it still constitutes an attraction to be reckoned with. Play, get sucked in, and prosper.
7/10

Craig: The music isn't anything special to me. It sounds like something I've heard many times before. The echoic quality doesn't really add to their played-out aesthetic, either. I don't feel strongly for or against this song so...
5/10

Ilse: Joy Division, Interpol, Editors, White Lies, and I guess next in line we have Crystal Stilts... or is that a bit much? Well, in any case it has the same moody lo-fi kind off dark romantic Ian Curtis-vocals thing going on as its predecessors. Enjoyable music? perhaps. It just lacks originality.
4.0/10

Linda: This doesn't sound like the Crystal Stilts I seem to remember. They were darker, a lot more doom and gloom (though my memories of them might have been slightly influenced by the venue - which fits the same description - they performed at), whereas this sounds more like a deeper voiced Jeremy Jay with an overdose of reverb. Not sure whether I prefer this over their earlier work though.
6.8/10

Stef: Am I really the only one getting like Western vibes from this? Something I think would’ve fitted on the Kill Bill soundtrack for some reason. Now, I’m not a big fan of Tarantino, that soundtrack wasn’t too bad though.
7/10

Geen opmerkingen: