maandag 15 augustus 2011

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'It Feels Good To Be Around You' by Air France



Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘It Feels Good to be Around You’ by Air France (listen here)
Average Grade: 4.4

Ilse: A bit too smooth for my taste/mood at the moment, and I'm not too fond of the continuously in and out focus singing.
5.0

Anna: That was pretty pointless pop. Not pretty *and* pointless, just pretty pointless. And I'm not even going to get into how much I loathe steel drums.
Grade: 3

Linda: As with everything Air France has managed to produce over the years, you can file this one in 'background music'. It's very pleasant background music, but still not something I'd consciously want to listen to.
5/10

Craig: With all the glitchy-type sound, Starslinger's hand in the production makes itself known.  Still, the sonorous electronica of Air France hovers uncomfortably between danceable and 'easy listening.'  The one potential salvation--possibly subversive, mixed-up lyrics--doesn't do much to prevent this from being a middle-of-the-road sound that doesn't excite me in the slightest.
4/10

Stef: Is it me or does that start sound very muddled? And there are more moments that sound more cluttered than a track like this should be. At other times I do enjoy the juxtaposition of the female and male vocals.
5/10

Geen opmerkingen: