dinsdag 16 augustus 2011

Plaid readying new album


Scinitili is the title of the upcoming album of the band Plaid. Warp Records will be releasing this on the 26th of September, and it is the first album release of the band since 2003. Their European tour will start on the 1st of October in Amsterdam.

An evangelist of nature’s beauty came up to me with a plea as heartfelt as it was ferocious. How a simple thing like asking directions can awaken the kind of fervour with which he clung to me like an octopus (I barely escaped). At the end of his passionate plea concerning his raison d’etre the man tried to lure me into buying a piece of African Woods. For, according to him, with care -- and a in my eyes rather primitive defense mechanism to scare away the local farmers (it included chopping off ones hands with an object that I can only describe as crude and quite unpractical) -- we could let the African woods improve to a glorious state! He fully expected an urbanite like me to decline the offer and he was all ready to spout obscenities (one sees it in ones eye when that is about to happen), but instead I graciously accepted his proposal. That his “glorious state” and mine differed quite a bit became apparent when he lunged at me when I laid down my idea of a tenement building at my recently purchased spot. Things didn’t get any better when I announced my backing for the newest form of asphalt to enhance the driving pleasure of these poor Africans who so long had had to endure sand roads.

Geen opmerkingen: