maandag 1 februari 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'In the Sun' by She & Him

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘In The Sun’ by She & Him (listen here)
Average Grade: 5.1


Craig: Very, very posi - straight down to the refrain of a gospel-style chorus singing "it's okay" - which is cool but not so much my style. Deschanel's vocals are a bit too cheesy for me so I don't think this is anything I'd listen to regularly.

However, their unabashed embrace of cuteness is admirable and they kind of sound like The Carpenters, so She & Him has earned my respect.
5/10

Anna: Musically, it doesn't scare me as much as indie folk usually does. Its melody and smoothness actually work quite well. I did feel a bit spooked by the chorus lyrics though. They sound so naive that they almost turn right around to being patronizing. Unless this is some sort of indie folk thing that I don't get (because I don't want to). Either way...
5/10

Linda: I. Just. Can't. Listen. To. This. Song. Every single time I try, my mind just starts to wander the moment the piano comes in with that childish tune after the even more pathetic drum roll. No, Zooey Deschanel, it's not that hard to be ignored.
1/10

Ilse: This sugarcoated feelgood song seems the perfect soundtrack to this sunny Sundaymorning in London. It makes me wish it was summer, so I could lie in on the grass in Hyde Park, watch airplanes crossing the blue sky, eat strawberries and ice cream, while ofcourse not thinking about the sweaty armpits of London's commuters in your face, summer rain and the infinite number of tourists.
7.3/10

Stef: Sometimes I like myself a bit of sugar. If you’ve seen Michel Gondry’s The Science of Sleep, that’s how I imagine this: awkward indie melancholia with loads of sugar and sweets and with more coloured packaging than actual substance.
7/10

Geen opmerkingen: