zondag 4 april 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Bloodbuzz Ohio' by The National

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Bloodbuzz Ohio’ by The National (listen here)
Average grade: 6.8


Anna: YES.
8/10

Craig: The National is one of those bands I dismiss as mopey indie-rock, but probably shouldn't since I'm quick to judge acts like these. This song, though, is kind of boring "college rock" and a little too "chill" for my tastes. I hate "chill." Megapoints for the doubleplus song title//
4/10

Ilse: What stands out most in this song is the amazing drumming and I love the bit in the song at around 2 minutes, it’s great! Once again the National doesn’t fail to impress me. It’s a band I hadn’t listen to in a little while, but this definitely makes me want to put on one of their albums again and enjoy it, while looking forward to the rest of the new album and their gig in May.
8.7/10

Jon: The track was great company for a brisk Easter Sunday walk, but it'll take a few more peaks and valleys to decide whether I love it or not. For now it's a…
6/10

Danielle: Well these lyrics are certainly intriguing (bees? what??) and the tune has been stuck in my head all day. The problem is, I'm not particularly glad about having it in my head. Actually, I'm pretty bored. It's okay though, because I'm sure I won't remember the song at all by tomorrow.
4/10

Linda: Somehow the National always manage to create amazing songs without really doing anything new. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing: quite the contrary in the National's case. With its imminent familiarity the song appears to embrace you whilst sat on a comfy rug in front of a roaring fireplace roasting marshmallows, which is exactly what I'm craving for after this week of constant rain and howling winds. It's the perfect autumn-in-spring track.
8.6/10

Stef: Urban anxiety + melancholia = winner. Especially when it is sung in a drowsy, la-di-da manner. Not their best, mind you, but even their so-so ones are better than what most people even dare to aspire to.
8.2/10

Geen opmerkingen: