maandag 26 april 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'I Can Change' van LCD Soundsystem

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘I Can Change’ by LCD Soundsystem (listen here)
Average Grade: 7.2


Linda: LCD Soundsystem saved my week! For me, 3 out of 4 gigs were cancelled due to a certain volcano (or was it Nick Clegg's fault?), but James Murphy and his gang flew in via Spain in order to make it to London in time. I just want to say: wow. Never change, James Murphy!
9.3/10 (might be a just a tiny bit coloured following the awesomeness of seeing them live about an hour ago)

Anna: We've heard this type of new wave chill tune 100 times before and done much better, at that.
NO MORE 80S, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF KAPRANOS!!!!!
3/10

Danielle: I have a few gripes about this song that seem too silly to even write (Too repetitive? Really Danielle? It's a dance song!) but overall it was pretty fun. Though it could have been 2 minutes shorter and not lost anything. Now if only I could stop focusing on the keyboard's 8th notes that never stop...
6.9/10

Jon: If I didn't know better I'd swear that Vince Clarke was behind the keyboards on this track. Its like Kraftwerk and Depeche Mode mutated into something that still manages to breathe and retain its own identity. I like it, just needs a little extra fizz to enthral me.
7.8/10

Ilse: After this song I can only think: why don’t I listen to LCD Soundsystem more often?
7.1/10

Stef: It slowly but catchily chugs forward as Murphy muses about changing, not changing, and keeping up with changed relationships. Gotta love the understated danceability of this one, and hoe easy on the ear it is while Murphy delivers a pathetic/apathic lines that are vocally actually quite good (especially for DFA standards). And oh yeah, I love this.
9/10

Geen opmerkingen: