maandag 26 juli 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Where I'm Going' by Cut Copy

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Where I’m Going’ by Cut Copy (listen here)
Average grade: 5.9

Linda: I really like the way they first make you think they're actually Arcade Fire with a new decent track (not a big fan of the new album no) before returning to Cut Copy-mode. If my dancing wouldn't scare my parents' cat to death I would be dancing around the room right now, but as the poor thing only sees me about three times a year I thought I'd save her one of her nine lives.
8.1/10

Anna: This is the most accessible, easy-going, cheery Cut Copy tune I've heard yet. Unfortunately, where I come from, none of the above is taken as a compliment.
4/10

Ilse: Ok, I’ve seen Cut Copy live two years ago; and despite not remembering anything about that gig and not having listened to them since then, I’m fairly certain this is NOT what they used to sound like… I’m not completely against bands trying out different stuff, but surely Cut Copy can’t be SYNTHLESS (+ what’s with the Beatles-vocals?). So... to stick to the title: I have no idea where Cut Copy are going with this, other than taking the mediocre road to utter dullness. And oh yeah, the Who called: they want Baba O’Riley back.
3.0/10

Stef: It’s a bit more camp than perhaps their earlier stuff, but I like that. This one is so deliciously dancey I am already relishing the prospect to go partying to this.
8.5/10

Geen opmerkingen: