maandag 28 juni 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Crossfire' by Brandon Flowers

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Crossfire’ by Brandon Flowers (listen here)
Average grade: 2.6


Linda: The sunshine at Glastonbury seems to imply that everything is possible. Unfortunately, that doesn't ring true for America's best Bruce Springsteen impersonator.
2.7/10

Anna: This sounds so much like The Killers sounding so much like Springsteen that it's not even funny.
2/10

Danielle: Same old Killers sound, Brandon? I was hoping for something at least somewhat unique. I'm not a huge fan of The Killers, though a few of their songs have held my attention in the past. This doesn't. Also, it really bugged me that the song begins and ends in the middle of a note. I don't know if this is the final cut or not, but if so, that is SO annoying. The only slightly redeeming thing in this track was Brandon's falsetto.
3.5/10

Ilse: Brandon Flowers clearly continues in the direction The Killers took on with ‘Day & Age’ and as I didn’t fancy that album as much as their older records, I find this track even less enjoyable. The yodeling doesn’t exactly make it any better either.
4.5/10

Craig:
This sounds so much like a bad mixture of 80's & 90's USA pop music it makes me blush. I guess I can't hear anything genuine in this - his music or the lyrics - so I'm turned off.
1/10

Stef: I still like Hot Fuss! And that is mentally an undertaking because after that album it seems like Flowers has only gone downhill. “I was caught in the crossfire of Heaven and Hell / and was searching for shelter”, now whether you believe in Nietzsche’s Godis Dead thingy or are still an avowed Church goer, artistically speaking, that is one trite chorus right there.
2/10

Geen opmerkingen: