dinsdag 8 juni 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'The Suburbs' van Arcade Fire

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘The Suburbs’ by Arcade Fire (listen here)
Average grade: 5.9


Craig: Arcade Fire's sound is so large & sonorous with their echoic pianos and gentle strings that I'm always impressed. This song's simple structure gives it that intelligent pop element that's part of their unique appeal. The lyrics and themes recall their "Funerals" album more than their last one, and that was my favorite album. I'll definitely be purchasing this album.
9/10

Ilse: I didn’t think Arcade Fire would have the ability to actually bore me. They’ve proved me wrong.
5.0/10

Danielle: So far this is my favorite song of the summer. I know it is early still, but until something better comes along I'll just play this on repeat in my car, speeding down the highway with the windows down. Ah, summer.
8/10

Anna: That's an enjoyable one. You'll hum it, whisper it, and whistle it, depending on your choice of noise-making weapon. However, it's not as good as anything else they've given us and I do wish it was more dramatic; that's when they're at their best.
6/10

Linda: I'm not a big Arcade Fire fan, but this is boring as hell compared to their earlier work. I miss the anxiety, the grandness, just everything that makes tracks like 'Wake Up' and 'Rebellion (lies)' the great songs they are. But then again, suburbs do tend to be a bit boring, so if they were trying to catch that aspect they've succeeded marvelously.
3.2/10

Stef: So, it does quite happily waggle along this one. And it is not as bad as that suburb film with DiCaprio and Winslet that came out last year (year before? It still haunts my memories). Thing is, the song sings about Suburbs and the Seventies, and concerning this topic I think we should've just collectively moved on after The Virgin Suicides.
4/10

Geen opmerkingen: