maandag 21 juni 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Tiger' van Maximum Balloon feat. Aku

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track of the week: ‘Tiger’ by Maximum Balloon feat. Aku (listen here)
Average grade: 6.6


Danielle: It’s usually a good sign when you find that you are annoyed because a song is too short. I didn’t want it to end so early on! You should probably know by now that I am easily won over by any song that makes me want to dance. The beat here is just undeniable, so don’t try to tell me you’re not shaking it in your chair! Plus, there is meowing. Tiger’s don’t meow, so it doesn’t quite make sense. Somehow, I’m okay with it.
7/10

Ilse: The more I listen to this track, the more I get the feeling I’ve heard it all before….
6.0/10

Craig: This is definitely a departure from TV on the Radio, but I can still hear their strong influences coming through. Not sure I'd quite call it an evolution of their sound, but the funk influence and the beat make it hard to keep from dancing!
7/10

Anna: I have my summer goggles on (unsightly device but it gets the job done), so this works like a charm for me. Infectious rhythm and vocal melody, accompanied by hot beats and samples. Count me in. Put that summer gear on and work it....
6.7/10

Linda: Instead of offering my thoughts on this piece of music, I will provide you with some of the seemingly endless wittiness of the late John Peel, as I find this much more appealing than Maximum Balloon. Let's do some Bryan Ferry: "I first saw Bryan Ferry with Roxy Music when they played the Hobbits' Garden in Wimbledon. Afterwards I gave the band fatherly advice about careers in showbiz. Bryan's appearance at Wembley demonstrates how little attention he paid to this advice. Following a distinctly rum introduction tape - lowing, muttering and clanking apparently played at the wrong speed and backwards - Bryan arrived somewhat diffidently before us.
Much has been written about Ferry's inability to move authoritatively on stage, and it is true that he dances as Prince Charles might when surrounded by capering persons in penis gourds during some half-baked tourist ritual on an atoll protectorate. But we love Charles for his clumsiness, and we love Bryan for his, too."
Now isn't this better than anything I could write about Tiger?
3.6/10

Stef: Can balloons soar? Hawks soar, a plane can soar, not sure if balloons can soar linguistically speaking. I think this one does though. Nifty drumming, meowing, nice vocals, and then the horns that come in at the end; all pretty amazing. The only slightly disconcerting thing is that I would’ve believed anyone who would’ve said Tunde Adebimpe (of TV on the Radio) was singing this.
9/10

Geen opmerkingen: