maandag 17 mei 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Ghost Pressure' van Wolf Parade

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track of the week: ‘Ghost Pressure’ by Wolf Parade (listen here)
Average grade: 6.4

Anna: You know, I've never paid much attention to Wolf Parade, and this song makes me think that I've definitely missed out. I love the anxiety-filled vocals, the melodies that sneak up on you, and that rhythm that has me bouncing off the walls.
Seriously, what are they feeding them in Montreal...
7/10

Danielle: Another track with lyrics about a swarm of bees? What is this?! That was the only exciting thing about this song. I am thoroughly bored.
3/10

Linda: Oh, a new WOLF PARADE track! That means more SPENCER KRUG! Did you know that the man has released 14 albums with 6 different bands in the past 5 years? No? Well SHAME ON YOU THEN! No seriously, the output of this one man is almost ridiculous, but brilliantly so. Unfortunately this particular track is a Dan Boeckner one, so none of the above really applies to this track. Well maybe some of the backing vocals I assume. And possibly the catchy synth melody. He might also have had something to do with the lyrics. Oh, let's just give Spencer Krug credit for the entire backbone of the song! He damn well deserves it!
8.1/10

Stef: There seems to be a bit more synth action on this one it seems, no? Anyway, this goes to show that everything is reliant on context, because I heard the album last week, and I think it is a pretty nifty one, so I don’t know if that influences the grade or not. Probably does, but you consciously or subconsciously always judge on the basis what you already know/think you know, right? Not the best on the album though.
7.5/10

Geen opmerkingen: