maandag 16 augustus 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Show - 'Glitter' by No Age

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track of the week: ‘Glitter’ by No Age (listen here)
Average grade: 4.5


Linda: When they played this live the crowd went ecstatic. While it seemed more than obvious at the time, I now fail to see exactly why.
5.2/10

Danielle: I am really not the one to ask about anything with guitar distortion. But keeping an open mind... yeah, I still don't like this. It's nothing new, the lyrics are cliched, and the instrumentation sounds immature. If you are going to win me over, you are going to have to do better than that.

2/10

Anna: I am a big noise enthusiast, but No Age's never managed to move me much. Same with this new track; it has some delicious noisy parts, but there's just nothing there to engage me. Truth be told, it just isn't much of a song.

And just so you know, it's not me, it's them.
5/10

Ilse: 'I want you back underneath my skin', the theme of alienation, ear wrenching guitar noise and bursting drums (though somehow not as loud as before): it seems like a classic No Age track. They're a 9.0 band in my book, but this track doesn't make me want to get over-excited just yet, though it certainly triggers a serious curiosity about the new album, sooo it's a:
7.8/10

Craig: Aw shucks, I thought No Age was way more rocknroll than this. The noise element is cool, but it's a bit more poppy than their last album which doesn't settle well with me. Dean Spunt should really stick to the more 'yelly' side of his vocal range rather than trying to sing, no?
4/10

Stef: That start, that’s proper pop that is. After that they go into the noisy area and add a bit of vocals to it as well. Thing is, it doesn’t really have atmosphere, does it?
3/10

Geen opmerkingen: