zondag 29 augustus 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'An Iris' by All Tiny Creatures feat. Justin Vernon

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘An Iris’ by All Tiny Creatures feat. Justin Vernon (listen here)
Average grade: 6


Anna: Sweet background music, which, like all background music, is utterly incapable of holding my attention.
3/10

Ilse: Everything Justin Vernon touches seems to turn gold if you ask me. Though none of his projects will beat my love for Bon Iver, this track certainly does not bore me and makes me look forward to everything else Vernon might have to offer in the future (new Bon Iver album please, ok thanks).
7.0/10

Linda: I'm a bit intrigued by Justin Vernon - mostly because of the fact he wrote an amazing album by living as a recluse in a cabin somewhere in the middle of nowhere for a month or three. What will he do next? Does he have to go back to the cabin again in order to be able to write another album like that? Does he have to be heartbroken again? Or could he do it without all those arrangements? Or would he opt for doing this for the rest of his artistic life: record some vocals on tracks of some friends of his? And then there's All Tiny Creatures who are almost equally enchanting just because they've got a song called 'Higgs Boson' which I think ought to be played at CERN as soon as they discover the damn thing. Combine the two and you get this dreamy song that's perfect for some background music in a lounge café. I guess they cancel each other's talent out.
7.1/10

Stef: I love how it seemingly builds and builds, and I do like Vernon’s vocals. I just wish it would build to something, now it kind of, dissolves, at the end, and I don’t know if it ever accomplished anything. Tell me! I need to know!
7/10

Geen opmerkingen: